Eugene O'Neill Theatre

Designed by the architect Herbert J. Krapp, it was built for the Shuberts as as half of a theatre-hotel complex named for 19th century tragedian Edwin Forrest. It opened on November 24, 1925 with the musical Mayflowers as its premiere production.
Through the years, it has seen many owners, including producer Lester Osterman who renamed it the Eugene O'Neill.

The theater has a seating capacity of 1,102.


230 West 49th Street
Between Broadway Avenue & 8th Avenue
New York   New York   10019